These dense, buttery and adorable funfetti blondies are a one bowl recipe that you can whip up anytime you need something a little sweet! Loaded with colorful funfetti sprinkles for extra happiness.
There is really no reason why you can’t whip up a batch of these funfetti blondies right now! They only require one bowl, and they hardly take any time at all to assemble and bake! If you are feeling fancy, you can even add the buttercream frosting just like I did for extra yumminess. That will require an additional bowl of course, and serious self-control to not eat the frosting by the spoonful!
Even if you have zero baking experience, I KNOW you can successfully make these cute little treats!
How to Make Funfetti Blondies
The beauty of these blondies is that they are very easy to make, and the recipe has really simple ingredients! Plus, who can resist that delicious, fluffy pink buttercream frosting on the top?
There are so many varieties and ways that you can make these treats! Here are some fun ways to customize these blondies:
- Change up the frosting color depending on the season! Green for Christmas, pink for Valentine’s Day, red, white or blue for 4th of July. The possibilities are endless!
- Add different sprinkles for different occasions! I like to buy sprinkles on Amazon or this shop called Sweetapolita has the most adorable sprinkles for any occasion!
- Make without frosting for a less sweet version or if you plan to freeze them!
I love the rainbow sprinkles for birthdays or St. Patrick’s Day. In fact, I’ll be whipping up a batch of these for an early St. Patrick’s Day treat!
I made these blondies in a 8×8 inch baking dish but you can simply double the recipe if you want to bake in a 9×13 inch dish! These funfetti blondies freeze really well, so making a larger batch would be a great idea! These would make the perfect “emergency treat” for guests or something sweet for school lunches. In fact, now that I’m thinking about it, freezing these right away may be best for your diet and waistline – otherwise, you will sit there and eat multiple funfetti blondies in one sitting just like I did. Oopsies!
Oh, and one last tip – be sure to use the large, oblong rainbow sprinkles and not the round ones. The round ones will bleed into the dough and the colors will mix together!
Have some fun in the kitchen making these adorable and easy to assemble treats! I don’t know how you couldn’t be cheery when sprinkles and pink frosting are involved 🙂
For the Blondies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted (1 stick)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup rainbow sprinkles (they won't dissolve as easily as small sprinkles!)
- 1/8 cup unsalted butter, softened (1/4 stick)
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1-2 drops pink food coloring (optional, or use whatever color you like!)
- rainbow sprinkles for decoration (optional)
For the Blondies
- Heat oven to 350°F and line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper. Spray with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the melted butter and brown sugar together until smooth. Add the eggs and stir until combined. Add the vanilla, salt and flour and stir until just combined. Stir in the sprinkles.
- Spread the batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean in the center.
- Cool at room temperature on a wire rack in the pan.
For the Frosting
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or in a medium bowl with a hand mixer, beat the butter on medium-high speed until smooth and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the sugar, vanilla and milk. Beat until smooth.
- If desired, add more milk and sugar to reach desired consistency. Spread over cooled bars and top with sprinkles if desired. Slice and enjoy!
- This recipe can easily be made in a 9×13 inch pan. Simply double the recipe if you are baking for a crowd!
- You can change up the frosting color and sprinkles too based on the season!