Do you like birthday cake, but don’t want to go through the trouble of making an actual cake? Well, then I have just the thing for you – birthday cake blondies! They have the ultimate birthday cake flavor thanks to a few special ingredients. You’ll definitely want to make these all year round – whether or not there is a birthday to celebrate!
This post contains affiliate links. This means I may earn a commission should you choose to make a purchase using my link. It’s okay – I love and use all of these products, and you will too!
I have always loved birthdays – I tend to celebrate the whole month of anyone’s birthday, not just one day. I like to drag out the festivities! It makes life so much more fun, right? I’m sure you could fill almost every month of your year with birthday celebrations if you wanted to!
Aside from this, I have always loved birthday cake. Ask anyone in my family and they will tell you that I’ve always been a tiny bit obsessed! I could eat it any day, any time of year. But, it’s not always realistic to make a full birthday cake all of the time!
So, the solution? These buttery birthday cake blondies! They’re loaded with fun sprinkles and a few other ingredients that will really make them extra special and extra festive. Read on for how to make these blondies!
Ingredients for the Best Birthday Cake Blondies
There are a few key ingredients that you won’t want to miss when making these birthday cake blondies. They take them over the top and give them that authentic birthday cake flavor!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- White Chocolate – adding chopped white chocolate to the batter of these birthday cake blondies gives them a little bit of extra vanilla flavor that you’ll definitely want for that birthday cake taste!
- Golden Oreos – I honestly had never tried these before. I’m really more of a chocolate girl! But I decided to give them a try and, oh my. They taste just like birthday cake! They are the perfect addition to these blondies. Plus, how fun do they look as a topping?!
- Clear Vanilla Extract – I like using clear vanilla extract when I make anything where I want a birthday cake flavor. This vanilla has more of an “artificial” vanilla flavor which sounds gross. But trust me, that’s what we’re going for here – it makes anything taste like yellow birthday cake!
- Sprinkles – Obviously!! Use any kind that you want. I like to stick to the traditional rainbow sprinkles because they’re just so perfect for a fun birthday cake look!
Step by Step Instructions
- Melt the butter and slightly cool before using.
- Combine the wet ingredients (butter, brown sugar, vanilla, eggs, and egg yolk) in a large bowl with a whisk or spoon.
- Add in your dry ingredients (flour and salt) and mix with a spoon. Mix until just combined, but do not overmix.
- Mix in the chopped white chocolate and sprinkles, folding in gentry with a spatula.
- Bake the bars in an 8×8 inch pan at 350°F for 30-40 minutes.
- Top bars with crushed golden Oreos while they are still warm. Cool completely on a wire rack before cutting into squares. Enjoy!
See? Super simple to make! You can literally have birthday cake any time of year! I hope that you enjoy these blondies, and be sure to check out my other birthday recipes below!
- Homemade Classic Yellow Birthday Cake
- Marble Birthday Sheet Cake with Chocolate Buttercream
- Classic Funfetti Cupcakes with Chocolate Fudge Buttercream
As always, be sure to tag me in your photos on Instagram if you make my recipe or use #bucketsofyum in your photos! I love to see what you are baking.
The Best Birthday Cake Blondies
- ¾ cup unsalted butter (melted)
- 1½ cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 2 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1 large egg yolk (room temperature)
- 1 tsp clear vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup rainbow sprinkles
- ½ cup white chocolate chunks
- Crushed golden Oreos for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line an 8×8 inch square baking pan with parchment paper so that the sides are hanging over the pan. Spray with baking spray (like Pam for Baking).
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Set aside to cool slightly. In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooled butter, brown sugar, and vanilla. Add in the eggs and egg yolk and mix until combined.
- Add in the flour and salt. Mix until just combined, but do not overmix (some streaks of flour are ok).
- With a spatula, gently fold in the rainbow sprinkles and white chocolate chunks. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the blondies are set.
- While blondies are still warm, press in pieces of golden Oreos on the top. Cool in the pan on a wire rack. Slice into squares and enjoy!