‘Tis that time of year for yummy s’mores around the campfire! But you don’t need to have a big bonfire for these gooey layered s’mores brownies. They come together in minutes right inside your own kitchen and are the perfect summer treat for any chocolate lover!
This post contains affiliate links. This means I may earn a commission should you choose to make a purchase using my link. It’s okay – I love and use all of these products, and you will too!
I have lived in Colorado my whole life, so we always did a lot of camping during the summers! My favorite part? Sitting by a warm campfire and whipping up some s’mores after a long day outdoors. I mean, can it get any better than that?!
These layered s’mores brownies bring the great outdoors right to your home. They have a graham cracker base and gooey, chocolatey brownie in the middle. I top mine with marshmallow fluff and broil for a few minutes in the oven to give them a toasty and roasty flavor! Read on for how to make these delicious s’mores brownies in your own kitchen if you’re looking for a fun, summery treat!
How to Make Layered S’mores Brownies from Scratch
The thing that I love about these s’mores brownies is 1) how easy they are and 2) how you can enjoy them year round! I think that these chocolatey goodies would be delicious in the summer or even the winter!
And, did I mention how easy these are to make? It’s really simple and here’s what you will need. I’ve linked my favorite products below to help you with your shopping too!
- Marshmallow fluff
- Graham crackers
- Chocolate chips
- Cocoa powder
- Vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- Espresso powder
- An 8×8 inch pan (this one is my all-time favorite!)
You essentially make the brownies and then layer graham crackers, the brownie mix and loads of marshmallow fluff in a 8×8 inch pan. Bake it for a bit and then get the topping all toasty, and you have yourself one delicious campfire treat!
I hope that you enjoy making these layered s’mores brownies! They would be the perfect 4th of July treat, everyday summer treat, or even cozy wintertime treat!
If you’re looking for other summery recipes, check out these below!
- Homemade Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches
- Roasted Strawberry Chocolate Chip Scones
- 4th of July Birthday Cake Ice Cream
- Mini S’mores Cheesecakes with Marshmallow Creme
As always, be sure to tag me in your photos on Instagram if you make my recipe or use #bucketsofyum in your photos! I love to see what you are baking.
Layered S’mores Brownies
- 6 graham cracker sheets
- ¾ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs (room temperature)
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp espresso powder
- 7.5 oz marshmallow fluff (or more if you like!)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8×8 inch square baking pan with parchment paper and grease the bottom with butter or cooking spray. Arrange graham crackers on the bottom in a single layer and set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter. Remove from the microwave and stir in the bittersweet chocolate chips.
- Microwave for another 20-30 seconds to melt the chocolate. Stir until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the sugar and eggs together. Slowly whisk in the melted chocolate mixture and fold in the flour, cocoa powder, vanilla, salt and espresso powder. Do not overmix.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan and bake for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and top with marshmallow fluff. Place back in the oven for 10 minutes, until the fluff turns golden brown. Broil for 1-2 minutes if desired for a more toasted top.
- Allow to cool completely on a wire rack before removing from the pan and cutting into squares. Enjoy!