These spiced chocolate chip banana muffins have all of the yummy flavors of your favorite banana bread, but with extra spice and loads of chocolate. In muffin form of course! You’re going to want to have these muffins all throughout the fall season and beyond!
This post contains affiliate links. This means I may earn a commission should you choose to make a purchase using my link. It’s okay – I love and use all of these products, and you will too!
You really can’t beat classic banana bread. It’s so delicious any time of year but, for some reason, I especially love it in the fall! If you love banana bread too, you’ll love these spiced chocolate chip banana muffins. They are surprisingly healthy and are the perfect little cozy afternoon treat!
Making Spiced Banana Muffins
There are two things I love about this banana muffin recipe. First, this is a one-bowl recipe. Winning! These easy spiced banana muffins come together in minutes and you only have to dirty a few dishes! Second, the hearty, wholesome ingredients! While there is still a decent helping of chocolate chips in these banana muffins, the other ingredients are much healthier, making these a fairly good-for-you afternoon treat on a chilly day!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 4 Over-Ripe Bananas – The browner the better! This will give you the moisture and sweetness needed to make these muffins amazing!
- Coconut Oil
- Vanilla Extract (my favorite is here)
- Whole Wheat Flour
- Baking Soda
- Spices – Cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg, all-spice. The combination of these spices gives the chocolate chip banana muffins a cozy spin!
- Dark Chocolate Chips or Chocolate Chunks – My recipe says one cup, but I won’t judge if you use more!
After you gather your ingredients, you’ll mix everything up in your bowl (one-bowl muffin recipes are the best!) and bake for 20-22 minutes! I’d recommend eating these warm – the chocolate chunks get oh-so-gooey and melty!
I hope that you enjoy this easy one-bowl spiced banana muffin recipe!
If you’re looking for other cozy treats, check these out!
- Irish Coffee Cake
- White Chocoalte Chip Pumpkin Bread with Crumbly Streusel Topping
- The Best Caramel Apple Coffee Cake
- Dark Chocolate Mocha Muffins
- Vanilla Bean Scones
And as always, be sure to tag me in your photos on Instagram if you make my recipe or use #bucketsofyum in your photos! I love to see what you are baking.
Spiced Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
- 4 medium, ripe bananas, mashed (1¼ cup mashed)
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil (or oil of your choice)
- ¼ cup honey (or maple syrup)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ cups whole wheat flour
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- 1½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom
- ¼ tsp ground all-spice
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips or chunks
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a 12 cup muffin tin with liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the mashed bananas, melted coconut oil, honey eggs and vanilla until combined. Add the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, all-spice and salt. Mix until just combined and then gently fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Divide the batter among the prepared muffin cups. Transfer to the oven and bake for 20 -22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack, or eat right out of the oven (they are best this way!).
- Muffins can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 3-4 days